The following list of guidelines constitutes a key reference for everyone involved in the OpenERP community. Every new contributor must read it before starting the contribution process, in order to maintain the high level of quality improvement in OpenERP.
It is also important for developers to periodically refresh their skills and coding habits by having a quick read of these best-practices.
As part of the Quality Review Process, everyone is invited to refer to these guidelines when providing feedback on contributions (code, documentation, anything.). If a specific guideline seems to be missing from the list, or if you have found a perfect example of a good (or bad) pattern, please feel free to contribute.
The comments system can be used for this purpose, but it would be even better to directly update the source of this documentation (see the contribution guide).
- Coding Guidelines
- Documentation Guidelines
- Contribution Guidelines
- Useability Guidelines
- Localization Guidelines
- Contents of a localization module
- Generic Guidelines
- Account Types Guidelines (account.account.type)
- Chart of Accounts Guidelines (account.account.template)
- Chart of Tax Codes Guidelines (account.tax.code.template)
- Chart Template Guidelines account.chart.template
- Taxes Guidelines (account.tax.template)
- Fiscal positions Guidelines (account.fiscal.position.template)
- Modules dependencies Guidelines
- Specific reports Guidelines